Food Processor is a magical food fairy invented to make our life easier and save time in the kitchen. There are some of the things that you can make with absolute ease and a little creativity. But are you using your food processor to the full potential? You’ll be surprised by all the ways you can use it.
- Cook more adventurously: Think of your food processor as a person sous chef. After all, it does all the heavy lifting, so you can focus on being creative and time efficient.
- Blending: Food processors are perfect to make smoothie, juice, etc. But make sure to take out the pulse of chunks fruits and vegetable before whipping them into liquid.
- Making Bread Crumbs and Cookie Crumbs:Ever noticed how finely the food processor is able to cut bread and cookie crumbs for things like topping mac and cheese or making a cheesecake crust?
- Shredding Cheese: Shred whole block of cheese in the fraction of seconds. Your knuckles will thank you!
- Baking: Yes, your food processor can be used to make to make pie dough as well. Just let it do the heavy lifting so, next time don’t debate whether to use your stand mixer or food processor for baking.
- Make your own preservative-free butter: Skip the churning and turn heavy cream into fresh, homemade butter in 10 minutes.
- Crushing: Is your ice dispenser broken? No worries, food processor will save the day. Place the ice cubes in it and pulse until finely ground.
- Easy sorbet: With a sprinkle of sugar and salt simply make sorbet in a flash! Save yourself time and money by making it at home. Plus you know exactly where your ingredients are coming from.
- Grinding Meat: Cut whole piece of meat into chunks, freeze them until the edges are stiff, and then pulse them into the food processor until coarsely ground.
- Quicker Cleaning up: Most food processors have dishwater safe parts for quick and easy cleaning up.
Undoubtedly, food processor is one of the multi-tasking kitchen appliances. Experiment with cutting vegetables for a soup or stew that can still be used if they are inconsistent in size and shape before moving on to more complicated culinary tasks. Use yours every chance you get! And do tell us what the other ways you use the food processor.